Thursday, January 24, 2008

What a U Turn!!!

Azam J Chowdhury says he didn't sue Hasina

Dhaka, Jan 24 (bdnews24.com) – Prime Bank chairman Azam Jahangir Chowdhury Thursday said he had not sued former prime minister Sheikh Hasina.

Chowdhury said he filed a case only against Sheikh Fazlul Karim Selim, her cousin, for extorting money from him in return for a promised deal.

"I want to make it clear that I did not file a case against Sheikh Hasina," Chowdhury told bdnews24.com by phone.

"Sheikh Selim took the money from me in return for a deal. He told me that he would get the deal done with the help of Sheikh Hasina," he said.

But Chowdhury said he had not paid the money to Hasina. "Nor did she demand it from me."

"I don't know how she was implicated in that case," Chowdhury told reporters after he attended the annual business conference of Prime Bank at a Gulshan hotel.

"Sheikh Hasina is the daughter of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and I cannot even think of suing her."

No comments: